On September 22-23, the CBRNe Society hosted NCT Virtual Europe in partnership with the JCBRN Defence Center of Excellence. Created with the objective of enabling the CBRNe, C-IED and EOD community to gather at a time where public gatherings are discouraged across the world, this second edition of NCT Virtual confirmed the success of this new platform. For this European edition, representatives of the CBRNe, C-IED, EOD communitycoming from 59 different countries gathered over the duration of two days, showing their willingness to keep the CBRNe community connected! NCT Virtual Europe not only saw the participation of European stakeholders, but also of delegations from the United States, Canada, Brazil, Colombia, Singapore, the Philippines and many more.
During this two-days event, high-level speakers shared their knowledge during multiple conference sessions chaired by BG (Ret.) William King, while the virtual exhibition gave our over 340 attendees the opportunity to learn about the current technologies available. The realistic and interactive NCT Virtual environment also offered multiple networking opportunities and possibilities to interact with speakers, delegates and exhibitors through private chats, group discussions and video conversations.
For this European edition, different European organizations working in the CBRNe field were given the chance to promote their work and current projects within dedicated National Pavilions. Delegates had the opportunity to visit the JCBRN Defence COE Pavilion, C-IED COE Pavilion but also national pavilions from Italy, France, United Kingdom, Czech Republic, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Slovakia and Turkey.
The following organizations were represented in the pavilions:
- JCBRN Defence Center of Excellence
- C-IED Center of Excellence
- Fire and Rescue Service – Czech Republic
- Population Protection Institute – Czech Republic
- 7th CBRN Defence Regiment – Italy
- Red Cross – Italy
- Milano Fire Department CBRN Unit – Italy
- Fire and Rescue Service 59 (Nord) – France
- Fire and Rescue Service 67 (Bas-Rhin) – France
- Fire and Rescue Service 68 (Haut-Rhin) – France
- Fire and Rescue Service 73 (Savoie) – France
- National Federation of Firefighters – France
- International Security and Emergency Management Institute (ISEMI) – Slovakia
- Federal Administration of Civil Protection – Bosnia & Herzegovina
- Mine Detection Dog Center – Bosnia & Herzegovina
- Institute of Explosives Engineers – United Kingdom
- CBRN Defence – Association of Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear Defence Policy Development – Turkey
- Medical CBRN Department of the University of Health Sciences – Turkey
Attendees proved again their interest in our virtual platform and its intuitive way of navigating. With more than 4600 Booth visits and more than 900 chats initiated, NCT Virtual Europe surpassed NCT Virtual USA in terms of interactivity and engagement. The newly developed NCT Virtual leaderboard contributed to the interactivity of our platform, by promoting actions of our delegates within the virtual platform (like visiting booths, downloading content, or initiating chats). For each action, our delegates could earn points and compete against their peers for a nice reward!
We also wanted to thank you all for your presence during our conference sessions! An average of 120 attendees were simultaneously connected in the conference room over the two-days.
We would like to sincerely thank all the delegates and speakers for their participation, as well as our sponsors, Heyl, Meridian and SIGA who made this event possible!
We look forward to welcoming you again to the next NCT Virtual event: NCT Virtual Asia that will take place on November 12-13, 2020 in partnership with the ASEAN Regional Mine Action Center (ARMAC). Stay informed about all our upcoming events on the NCT Events website.